Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Chequered Lily Apothecary review

The Chequered Lily Apothecary is a hidden gem in the indie beauty world. Based out of California, this amazing Etsy shop creates some of the most stunning and unique shadows I have ever seen. I first learned about this shop while browsing another beauty bloggers (Makeup Zombie) reviews of various indie cosmetic companies. When I stumbled upon her review I was instantly in love with the shade "Hearts on Ice" which is one of the most amazing purples that I have ever laid eyes on! All the swatches I saw were amazing and spoke to the quality of this shop but this single amazing shade sealed the deal for me.

I checked out the Chequered Lily's shop online and found out that there was a blogger review kit available for purchase, all together I paid about 6 dollars which includes shipping for a set of 7 sample baggie shadows of my choosing. I was actually sent one extra shadow as well which was a nice surprise. It took about a week and a half to receive my order which arrived via mail in a bright green envelope.

Review shades: the seven shades I picked to review were Hearts on Ice, Hearts on Fire, Ring master, Invocation, Milky Way, Storm Bringer and Ginger Sushi. The extra shade I was sent was Captain Jack.


 Swatches:

The Ring Master
 
 

Hearts on Ice


Hearts on Ice

Invocation
Top to bottom: bare skin, over nyx purple, over nyx black bean


Milky way

Storm Bringer
 
Captain Jack


 
Affordability: a full size 5 gram jar of shadow runs $6.50, there are also options for stackers of up to three shades which cost $16.50. It isn't the cheapest, but what you have to keep in mind when it comes to these matters is what you are getting as far as quality and uniqueness. These are two factors I take into consideration when it comes to whether or not I will purchase from any shop.

Customer service: I wish I had more to say in this area because I hold any companies customer service to a high standard and with me it is a huge make or break thing. Unfortunately I honestly just didn't have a lot of interaction with this vendor. Again this is not to say I had a bad experience, there just wasn't anything to talk about lol.

Would I recommend: Yes, I would recommend this shop. I feel that there are some very unique and beautiful shades worth checking out here! I absolutely loved the texture of these shadows as well, and I thought that it was really interesting how none of them seemed to need any extra help (primer, foiling etc) all that they needed was to be patted on and they were good to go!

Where can I find this product?
The Chequered Lily Etsy
Facebook fan page

No comments:

Post a Comment