Sunday, May 18, 2014

Bobbi Brown Hibiscus pot rouge for lips and cheeks - swatches & review

Hello beauties,

Today I thought I would take a little break from indie product posts and do a bit of a review on a more high end product. It isn't very often that I indulge in more high end brands, but every now and then you come across one that you simply cannot resist and well; it finds a new home in your collection! This is exactly what happened when I stumbled onto the new Hibiscus pot rouge by Bobbi Brown while browsing my local Military Exchange.

I cannot deny that I drool over pretty much all of Bobbi Brown's products, I mean those shadows are AMAZING right!! Well, I was just about to walk away from the counter ( I know, I know I am so strong); when I happened to spot the prettiest cream product I have ever seen. I asked the girl working the counter if the product was just your average cream blusher, and came to know that this product doubled as both a cream blush as well as a lip product; and even better it did not leave behind that God awful sticky feeling that you get when you apply most cream products!! Needless to say I bought it and yeah... So onto the photos (YAY!!)

Photo swatches:
This is what the Hibiscus Pot rouge compact looks like. The packaging is very sleek and nice

The back labeling of the #31 Hibiscus Pot rouge for lips and cheeks

Here we have a photo taken before swatching the product, as you can see this is a gorgeous hot candy coral shade!! It might look a bit scary in the pan but don't let the vibrancy of this shade turn you off because you can absolutely build it up or sheer it out

The top swatch is a heavier swatch in order to show you how this color can be built up, especially for the lip use while the bottom swatch is a much lighter version which has been blended out with my finger. I will note that this product blended out fantastically as well as applying like butter!
 
Wear:  I tested out this product on both my lips and face while out and about yesterday here in Honolulu. For the lips I just dabbed it on with my fingers for a sheer wash of color, more of a stained look rather than a full on lipstick appearance then topped that with a bit of lip balm. I will say that this product on the lips does feel dry so while it is a gorgeous color I would suggest that you top it with a little balm before heading out the door. For the face, I applied my normal foundation first then applied this product to my cheeks using just my fingers. It blended out very easily. I then went over my whole face with just a bit of my smashbox halo finishing powder to set, and topped the look off with just a bit of MACs stereo rose which complimented the color perfectly. It was very humid outside, and even while being in the sun pretty much all day dealing with humid conditions my look was still intact by the time I came home that evening! This cream product held up very well :)
 
Final thoughts: All in all I am super happy with this purchase, I really think this product is very worth the money considering the awesome pigmentation, the ease at which it applies, and its overall longevity 


No comments:

Post a Comment