Thursday, May 8, 2014

Candii Blossom Cosmetics Review

Halo & Purple Rain
Hello loves, I am back today with a review of another fab indie cosmetics line known as Candii Blossom cosmetics . Candii Blossom Cosmetics is a cute little Etsy shop run by owner Brenda Ortiz, who first began making her own products as a more economical way of simply enjoying make-up; because lets face it make-up is an expensive love (am I right!). Located out of Ephrata, PA,  Brenda has been gradually growing her business to ship worldwide.

Brenda was kind enough to allow me to review a few of her gorgeous shadows, and was excited to have me be her first shipment to the Hawaiian islands as well! I was able to choose four shadows from her collection to conduct my review, which she shipped to my hot little hands within about a week and a half roughly :)

My picks:
  1. Halo
  2. Purple Rain
  3. Fairyland Green
  4. Radioactive

Shipment: The package arrived in a small sealed plastic envelope with all of the clamshell samples wrapped up snuggly in bubble wrap. Brenda also included a thoughtful note for me as well :)



The contents of my review pack: 4 sample sized shadows, adorable business card and very thoughtful note (love personal touches!!)

Here we have a shadow shot prior to digging in for swatches, Top left is Purple rain, top right is fairyland green, bottom left is Halo, and bottom right is Radioactive.

Swatch of Halo applied over too faced glitter glue. I absolutely love this shade of gold, for me this is the perfect shade of gold, that tarnished color!! Agh perfection, ohh and it pairs beautifully with Purple rain ;)

This stunner is Purple Rain Aka the most beautiful purple in all the land! You see all that going on, ohh yeah ;)

Fairyland green!! This is a heavy swatch of fairyland applied over too faced glitter glue just to show how the color can be built up however you can totally layer this color over other bases to get different effects from it! It is such a unique and amazing color
Last up we have Radioactive which is so very pretty! I absolutely love duo chrome shades because you are getting so much more than one simple color. This shade goes from a golden green in one light to a reddish brown similar to Mac club in another light. It is so stunning

Affordability: Sample sizes of each shadow will run you $1 each, collections range between $10-$18 and individual full sized shadows (5gram jars) run at $4

Customer service: My experience with customer service has been great, Brenda makes a great effort in maintaining communication; and even kept track of my package as it made its way out to me :)

Product rating: of the shadows I was able to test out I give them a 10, each had great pigmentation good blend ability and they weren't fussy at all which is a huge plus in my book

Would I recommend? Yes, yes I would! This little shop is slowly growing and if what I was able to test out is any indication of its potential you are in for a very pleasant surprise because I really enjoyed these goodies

Where to buy: Candii Blossom shop
Where to like: Candii Blossom Facebook


1 comment: