Thursday, May 15, 2014

EOTD: feat Notoriously Morbid!

Hello beauties, today I thought I would do an EOTD break down since I am really feeling this look I just did! Most all of what I used came from the recent slay me collection wave 1 put out by Notoriously Morbid, which I have to say I really love! I know sometimes matte shadows get a bad rep but trust me, these are NICE! So anyhow, let me show you what I put together for you and you can be the judge ;)

Products used:
  1. Nyx milk- base for lids and eye brow
  2. NM-she names the stars
  3. NM-teacher in tweed
  4. NM-quiet storm
  5. NM-boca del inferno
  6. Catrice- navy liner
  7. Milani- mascara
  8. Tarte for True Blood- Fairy shadow
 
 
Breakdown:
This look as pretty simple to create, first you want to take your milk pencil or any white base you have and lay that down all over the lid and into your brows as well. Make sure with your brows if you have dark brows like I do you coat them fairly well and just blend it a bit with your finger (if you have a little comb even better!). Once the base is down, get a flat stiff brush out and pick up she names the stars with it. Make sure you press that color into the lid before you apply it, this will help minimize any fallout onto your face. So basically we just want to pat that color all over our lid stopping at our crease. Once you do this you can take a blending brush and softly blend out the edge so there isn't a harsh line. She names the stars when blended will go a bit blue ;) Next we will pick up teacher in tweed and take that into our crease as a transition color. Starting from our outer corner run that shade back and forth in the crease then blend just above with a fluffy brush. For our brow, and to further diffuse everything we will take quiet storm which is a faint pink shade. We will apply this just above where we blended out teacher in tweed and onto the brow. For some sparkle on the brow I used Fairy from the Tarte cosmetics True Blood palette, but you can use anything you like up there. Along the lower lash I took a mix of Boca del inferno and she names the stars on a liner brush and lined just under the waterline. I then added a navy liner to the actual waterline. The brows are also Boca del infero and She names the stars applied with a liner brush. I simply started with the one shade then began about the middle of the brow for the second shade and built up the color a bit by wetting the brush. To finish I added a coat of Milani mascara
 
I hope you enjoyed this look of the day!
 
Where to purchase: Notoriously Morbid


No comments:

Post a Comment